What is PPC?
Pay per click (PPC), is an internet advertising model used to direct traffic to websites, where advertisers pay the publisher when the ad is clicked.
How does it work?
With search engines, advertisers typically bid on keyword phrases relevant to their target market. Content sites commonly charge a fixed price per click rather than use a bidding system. PPC advertisements, also known as "banner" ads, which are shown on web sites or search engine results with related content that have agreed to show them.
These advertisements are called sponsored links or sponsored ads, and appear adjacent to, above, or beneath organic results on search engine results pages, or anywhere a web developer chooses on a content site.
As your web designer, we can't offer support on your Google Adwords and PPC campaigns, but we can guide you in the right direction. The following pointers are a great place to start, and if you're really serious about PPC for your business, we highly recommend going to an SEO professional to get it set up and managed for you.
How do I get started?
A Pay Per Click (PPC) campaign is a popular way for attracting targeted visitors to a web site and converting them into buyers.
1. Firstly you must determine your goal.
Whether your goal is to increase sales or to raise brand awareness, it is vital you know what it is before you start.
2. Define a budget. As an advertiser you will have to make payments on the basis of number of clicks.
3. Make a list of keywords. The most important requirement for the success of any Pay Per Click campaign is selection of the right keywords.
4. Finalise your keywords. Select targeted keywords with the help of different keywords tools such as Google Keywords tool, Wordtracker etc.
5. Start bidding on the keywords that clearly describe your online business, products or services to get conversions and generate good ROI.
6. Create landing pages. Create unique landing page with good call to action features so that the visitor gets to see the product or service directly that you want to sell online.
This is where Toolkit Websites CAN help you. By creating attractive, clean cut, and easy to use web design pages.
7. Be transparent. If visitors come to your site and don't find the things as promised in the ad copy, it could lead to negative publicity for your site.
8. Optimise your PPC campaign regularly. Optimise your ad copy along with the landing pages on a regular basis.
9. Follow the Rules. Make sure your campaign follows the search engine rules.
10. Hire professionals. For the success of a PPC campaign hire an experienced team of dedicated professionals and campaign managers working in reputed PPC advertising companies to launch and maintain PPC campaigns, effectively. It's a very competitive industry and therefore benefits from expert knowledge.
Please Note; This is not a definitive list and we are not experts when it comes to PPC campaigns. If you want to create a PPC campaign for your business, the best advice we can give you is to get in touch with a professional.
The infographic below, shows the most expensive/competitive keywords.