Google My Business is the place where you can now manage your online presence with Google.
Using the Google My Business dashboard, you're able to do the following:
- Keep your business information up-to-date on Google
- Build a customer based on your Google+ pages
- Track engagement with insights for Google+ pages and posts
- See information on your related Google Analytics account and YouTube channels
- Seamlessly create and track performance of AdWords Express campaigns
- Help get your business found on Google. Google can use the business information you provide in local search results.
- Read and respond to reviews from your customers
- Get insights on how customers searched for your business, and where they’re coming from.
Firstly, you will need to go to the Google My Business home page.
Once there, you will need to press the button that says "Get On Google."
You will need a Google Account in order to have a Google My Business account. Once you click on that button you will be taken to a Map page. You will need to either:
1. Enter your location using the search bar
2. Click on "Create New Page" to the right, if you already have a Google Account. It allows you to create a page or get to any existing Google+ pages you have for businesses already.
3. Or you may need to click on the text that says "Not a local business?" You will then be shown the box below, where you can choose whether you are a storefont, service area or brand. (Google My Business is not just for small or local businesses any more!)
Once you have selected and input the location of your business, Google will need to send you a post card with a code on it to verify your business. Why? Because the address that you give them will be where the post card goes... that way Google will know that you've received the post card at that address which proves that you are based at that location.
The post card can take up to 3 weeks to arrive, and once it has you can then login and input your code. Once you've done that, you will be taken to the dashboard. Firstly, it will ask you if you want a tour (recommended!) which will help you get to grips with where everything is and how to use it.
Once you've done that, you can then set up your profile page. This includes styling your Google+ page and adding details about your business for people to find. If you already have a Google+ page set up, this gives you the opportunity to edit or update the page.
Now you are able to manage all information that Google has on your business, in one place. You can manage your Google+ Page, Location details, Contact details, Youtube, Analytics account and more, all by logging into Google My Business. They even have an app so you can manage it on the go!
If you are unsure of anything, or you get stuck, you can take a look at Google's FAQs page.